A Bunch of Chase Cards Just Got Increased Grocery Earnings
The Marriott Bonvoy line of credit cards kicked off the trend earlier this week, but Chase just added increased earnings on grocery purchases to a huge variety of cards, to help you make the most of this time spent at home.
The Discoverer has partnered with The Points Guy affiliate network for our coverage of credit card products. The Discoverer and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers. The offers mentioned below are subject to change at any time and some may no longer be available.
Now through the end of June, the Chase cards below will all receive either 5x or 3x points per dollar on up to $1,500 in monthly grocery purchases. Best of all, the category includes superstores with grocery sections like Target and Walmart, which are generally not considered grocers for the purposes of credit card rewards. The bonus also includes third party grocery delivery services like Instacart, so you can earn more points without having to go to the store yourself (just be sure to tip!).
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (5x Ultimate Rewards points)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (3x Ultimate Rewards points)
- United Club Infinite Card (5x United miles)
- United Explorer Card (3x United miles)
- World of Hyatt Credit Card (3x Hyatt points)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Card (3x Rapid Rewards points)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Card (3x Rapid Rewards points)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card (3x Rapid Rewards points)
- IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (3x IHG points)
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card (3x Avios)
- United Club Card (5x United miles)
- United Presidential Plus Card* (5x United miles)
- United MileagePlus Card* (3x United miles)
- United MileagePlus Awards Card* (3x United miles)
- United MileagePlus Select Card* (3x United miles)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Employee Card (3x Rapid Rewards points)
- IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card* (3x IHG points)
- Hyatt Credit Card* (3x Hyatt points)
- Iberia Visa Signature Card* (3x Avios)
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card (3x Avios)
- Disney Premier Visa* (3% Disney Rewards Dollars)
*Card no longer available for new applicants
That's in addition to these previously announced Marriott Bonvoy bonuses, running through the end of July (though these don't apply to superstores like Target and Walmart)
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card (6x Marriott Bonvoy Points)
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card (6x Marriott Bonvoy Points)
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (6x Marriott Bonvoy Points)
As The Points Guy notes, the $1,500 monthly bonus purchase limit is per card, not per account, so if you have multiple cards above, you could simply switch cards after passing $1,500 in grocery spending for a given month to continue earning bonus points.
As we've said in the past, the fact that you can't travel right now actually makes this a great time to stockpile as many rewards points as possible, so that when things get back to normal, you'll have enough points to take the trip of your dreams. We recommend the Chase Trifecta, which pairs a few Chase cash-back cards with either the Sapphire Reserve or the Sapphire Preferred to maximize earnings, and this promotion only makes the combo that much more enticing.
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Enjoy this article? Share it with a friend
Discover the World’s Best Destinations, with your free weekly travel guide sent straight to your inbox.
Welcome to The Discoverer!
We are so excited to fill your inbox with discoveries from around the world! You can expect your first edition to arrive on Monday. Until then, feel free to check out our previous editions.